You've got your first bag of Pure Pecan Flour, and now you want to see what it can do. We're here to help, with this simple recipe for some amazing pecan flour brownies. They're gluten free, they're chocolatey, they're simply delightful.
We love this recipe not only for its simplicity, but also because it showcases the flavor and possibilities of Pure Pecan Flour. On the one hand, these brownies taste just as they should: like traditional, moist, can't-miss chocolate brownies. You'd never know they weren't made from ordinary flour. On the other hand, they've got an extra flavor quality that would be hard to pinpoint—if you didn't know their secret.
Here's what you'll need:
A medium bowl and stirring spoon
Measuring cups / spoons
8 x 8" greased pan, or equivalent size. Grease with pecan oil or butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups Pure Pecan Flour
3/4 cups cocoa powder
5 tablespoons melted butter
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Combine and stir the cocoa, eggs, melted butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a bowl
3. Add the Pure Pecan Flour and baking powder; stir the mix well. Some minor lumps from the flour are okay
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan
5. Bake for 30-32 minutes; if the center is too moist, bake an additional minute or two, but keep an eye on the edges. Better to be soft in the middle than burnt on the outside
6. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting
That's it! Serve and enjoy. And for extra chocolatey-ness, feel free of course to add chocolate chips before baking, or icing once out of the oven and cooled.